Monday, November 26, 2012

Pay It Forward Adventure

Here is the next story of the 1 Timothy 6:18 Project.  
This is from my niece Jamie and her husband Bob.
Keep the stories coming!!  

Yesterday my husband had a chance to pay it forward, in a very small way, but he helped someone.

He is a police officer and got a call to the Dollar General of someone shoplifting. There was a 21 year old male that was shoplifting a 3-pack of white t-shirts. When my husband asked why he did it, the man explained that he had nothing but the shirt on his back and has a job interview on Monday that he had no clothes for. He was trying to better his life and get a job, but had nothing, no family to help him, and no other clothes than the dirty ones he had on. My husband had to arrest him for the crime, but believed that he was really trying to better his life. After he was taken to the jail, my husband asked that he not be booked in, just written a citation, and that there not be a bond that he has to pay to get out so he can make it to his interview the next day. (Although the kid was wrong by shoplifitng, my husband is a very good judge of character and would not do this for just anyone if he knew the kid was lying). After all was said and done, my husband went back to the dollar general and bought the shirts for the guy. He took them to the jail and told the other officers to make sure that the man got them and made it to his job interview the next day. Just a small start on our pay it forward adventure, but I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment