Thursday, November 29, 2012

So, Why the Blog?

James 2:15-16
If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?


"It is virtually impossible to remember God and forget the poor.  The point is not to stir up guilt, It's to stir up giving." From Beth Moore's James Study  

So why have the blog?  Why tell people about the 1 Timothy 6:18 Project??

When our family started talking about how to do Christmas differently this year,  I was excited to just have the 4 Greenways involved in the 30 Days of Giving.  Then one day when I was running, I felt the Lord tell me to make it bigger.  It has been fun to include our family and friends in the project.  

I was torn about doing a blog.  The verse in Matthew kept coming to my mind.
{{Matthew 6:3-4 But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.}}
Please know, that our heart is not to brag on what we are doing but to brag on JESUS.

The main reason we are giving is to love people and let them know Jesus loves them.  I know it's corny, but that song "They will know we are Christians by our love" keeps playing in my head.  
We wanted the blog to create an excitement about giving and to spur others on to give and in turn show other people that Jesus loves them.  Hopefully, the results will be that Christmas will be more about Jesus and Giving and less about getting more stuff.

A few fun opportunities we had this week to give.....
Katie was working at Mama Carmen's and someone came in to buy coffee but realized they didn't have any money on their card, so she just went ahead and bought their drink.

I was blessed to get to take a meal to my sweet friend Cashay that I have watched grow up for the past 6 years.  She just had a new baby girl that is so cute!


There are opportunities all around us to give, keep your radar up and ask God to show you where He is leading you.



No comments:

Post a Comment