Thursday, December 13, 2012

Community Group ~ it's a good thing.....


I have to start by saying I am super sad that Chris & Jennifer Krodell are not in this picture, but if they were, they would be Awesome!!  I hope all of you are as lucky as I am to be surrounded by such amazing friends.  This crazy bunch is our Community Group.  I can't even begin to express how much I love them.  Our group comes along side the New Heights Student Ministry to pray and love on the Cell Group leaders.....so we are lucky to get to be a part of the fun parties like the Murder Mystery Christmas Party.

I was recently contacted by Chloe Seal who works for 3 Bags in 2 Days (http://3bagsin2days.org) to see if we would be interested in gathering 200 shampoo bottles for Community Meals Christmas party. Sure!!!  I said without much thought to what that would mean.  So I sent out emails, Facebook and Twitter messages asking for shampoo.  This should be easy.  I mean, it's just shampoo.  Well, after several days, I still only had the 10 bottles I had bought.  Thankfully, my wonderful community group all pitched in and we were up to 45!  Woo Hoo.....we are well on our way and I knew we could to this.  But after a few more days, we only had a couple more bottles added.

I hope all of you have an Elastic Girl aka Cathleen Hood ~ in your life.  She has the biggest servants heart and knows how to make things happen. When she called to check on the shampoo status, I told her we were still way short.  She comes to my house a few hours later and has been to 6 stores and cleared all the shelves of shampoo for our project.  I think she bought over 150 bottles of shampoo!!  I gave her some money we had in our Amazing Race pool....(don't ask ) But still way short to cover all she bought.  She was determined we would get our 200 bottles and we did....thanks to Cathleen.

I am so thankful to be in a community group with such servants hearts.  I love that I get to do life with them.

The best part of this 30 Days of Giving Journey has been meeting people like Chloe Seal.  She started 3 Bags in 2 Days about 3 years ago.  She is a full time student, putting herself through college.  She works a job and does 3B2D on the side which is almost a full time job in and of itself.  She has a heart as big as Texas.   When I dropped off the shampoo, I saw her apartment full of baskets of goodies going out to a children's shelter.  Her organizational skills must be amazing.....and if you know me, you know how much I appreciate that.




Thank you to my Community Group for jumping on the 30 Days of Giving wagon and especially to Cathleen for making sure we accomplished our goal. And a HUGE shout out to Chloe Seal for living her life in such a selfless way and changing our community.  I am blessed to know all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment