Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Giving Continues

When Mark and I decided to do the 1 Timothy 6:18 Project, our desire was to see giving become contagious.  That is the only reason we created the blog.  The stories that have come in so far have been wonderful....but nothing blessed us as much as when our daughter, Katie told us she had decided to do the 1 Tim 6:18 project on a smaller scale by giving $30 to each of her roommates so they could experience giving also.  She has 5 roommates and she gave her own money....not the money we had given to her to give away.  Mark and I were thrilled to see Katie catch the joy of giving!!

This is a story from one of Katie's roommates:

I just thought you all should know that I have started to use some of my giving money. I gave some of it to my friends who are trying to raise money to adopt a child while being missionaries in Jordan.
Tonight, I will be using some of it to bake for a friend that I recently met. He is homeless and has been searching for a job for a month now. He has finally decided to stop hitchhiking and settle down in Fayetteville. This morning, I learned that he has gotten one of the jobs that he applied for that pays above minimum wage! We are throwing a little party for him in celebration!
We are looking for transportation for him to and from work and a place to sleep. He is currently living with 6 of my guy friends, but he really needs his own apartment. And a dog kennel!

I know they are kind of big requests (minus the kennel), but we are positive the Lord will provide!

I love this story!!  How incredible that these college students are caring for a person who doesn't have a home and throwing him a party to celebrate his new job!!  Definitely not your typical college students.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment