Saturday, December 1, 2012

Debbie & Don's Giving Story

This is written by my sister Debbie ~~

Don and I are very blessed to have  a wonderful neighbor. Her name is Joy. She is always there to help anyone she can with what she has and what she is able to do. She is elderly, lives alone, has some health problems, and lives on a small Social Security check. She attends the church at the end of our street and is there most times the doors are open. The past several months have been a struggle for her. Her abusive son managed to move in with her and is trying to push her into a nursing home so he can get the house. 
 I will not go into detail about what he has put her through but two weeks ago Sunday we heard the sirens and they stopped at her house. Don and I ran over to see 3 police cars, an ambulance and a firetruck. I thought, "Oh my gosh, he has followed through with his threats". He got pretty physical with her. Her son was arrested and ordered to stay away from her. She is now feeling guilty for dialing 911. Her church family have been very good to her. 
When we were given the gift to give, my first thought was I wanted to find a small child and make Christmas very special for him or her ( this may be my next story). But Don and I both prayed about where to give and the answer came to us both at the same time. We matched the $100.00 we were given and gave it all to Joy. I saw a light in her eyes and she started to cry. She told us she wasn't sure she could accept this, and we told her she had to because it was from the Lord. We both got a big hug from her. We ask that you pray for her son Robert and pray for her safety as well. 

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment